Monday, January 16, 2006

It's About Time, Huh?

I keep thinking I will get to this blog...I would like to make it a daily thing, but somehow, I'm not getting there. Hmmm....guess I'll have to think on how I can change that!

Today is MLK Day, and I was off. Hallelujah! I had a rather laid back, relaxing morning, which is how I like to spend my days off. I could definitely get used to this! Then this afternoon was a mix of doing a few things here & there, catching up on my personal e-mail, and posting on the SHE board. Then a trip to Wally World & Dollar General, supper, and back to my computer. I've gotten some things done and some things started, so it's been a fairly relaxing, yet productive day. I'm glad I decided against going to church tonight...I would have liked to have gone to the revival in Bath, but the rest of the week is kinda nuts, so I figured I'd better stay home tonight. And it felt great not to play beat the clock to go anywhere!

Tomorrow night I have LNO with a few friends. That should be fun! We had a good time the last time...good chatting and sharing and supporting new & old friends.

Wednesday night is church, and praise team practice is Thursday night. Friday is Mama's birthday, so I need to do something in that regards. I have a few things to give her. I think I might order a big cookie from Food Lion like I did last year for her birthday, since I'm not sure where I can fit in baking a cake.

I think I will probably post a couple things from the lessons I've done lately. Guess I may as well post them here, too. One is on brokenness, and the other is about escaping anger.

OH! My big news this week is that I got an assignment for two articles for the ADULT Sunday School curriculum. I've been writing for the Young Adult area for a couple of years, and this is a different editor that contacted me. I was pretty excited about that! I sent off the postcard, accepting it, and I've asked for a day off next month to do the articles (well in advance, I might add.) Thank God for another new door of opportunity to "write His answer."

Church has been awesome the last few weeks. Pastor Brent is teaching/preaching about the tabernacle and how it relates to prayer. The Spirit of God has been moving in an awesome way! WOW I love it when God shows up!

We also took in 23(!!!) members last week. Glory to God! (That increases our size by about a third!!!) God is definitely up to something. :-)

I think I will spend a few minutes in prayer before my bath, then I need to get my bath and get to bed before it gets insanely late. I would love to get up early enough to pray without rushing as well as get to work without rushing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

So you don't want to know what's going on in my life? LOL I had two weeks to catch up on! *S*

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home