Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pain

Pain...
Shouting,
Screaming
For my attention,
Trying desperately
To distract me
From the path where
God is leading me.
Physical,
Emotional,
Spiritual
Pain that seems
Torturous
And unending.
How long
Must I bear
This?

The Word says
By His Stripes
I am healed
And that if
We touch and agree,
It will be done.
Yet it has not
Manifested yet,
And I grow
Weary, Lord,
In the waiting.
And yet I stand
Here
In faith
Speaking life
To a situation
That looks
Like death.
I must trust and believe
And continue standing,
Knowing God has heard
My prayer,
He sees my tears
And the cry of my heart.
And surely,
That which He has promised
Will come to pass
As I stand on His Word
And walk in His way.
My healing shall come forth,
And as I am tried,
I shall come forth
As pure gold.

Carolyn S. Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home